Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 8: Assignment 1 Reflection


This is my response to Hayley's assignment (Describe a new product...).

What was most effective for you in the colleague’s assignment you just carried out? What in the assignment enabled what was effective to be effective? What can you learn from this for the future, when you are guiding others to develop their own writing?

The thing that was most effective was the chance to practice using words that help to describe something.  It was a little more difficult than I first thought and ideas kept popping up in my head.  I found that I had to make my responses clear in the future.  It was almost like a process, whereby I had to do something step by step. 

How did the tone and organization of the assignment shape your responses? What can you learn from this for the future, when you are guiding others to develop their own writing? What did you learn from the assignment that will help you move forward in revising your paper?  

The tone was appropriate; I liked the short and sweet approach.  Hayley gave very good instructions and not too much detail.  Sometimes too much detail can confuse the student, and nothing ends up being accomplished.  In revising my paper, I learned the importance of taking a stand and making my points clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment