Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 8: Assignment 2 Reflection


This is a response to Stuart's Assignment (Clarifying your Argument...)

What was most effective for you in the colleague’s assignment you just carried out? What in the assignment enabled what was effective to be effective? What can you learn from this for the future, when you are guiding others to develop their own writing?

This assignment forced me to think through my argument again and judge whether it was clear. It also caused me to look at counter arguments.  I think that the questions asked about my argument were clear and pointed.  I had to think about what I was trying to tell my audience.  The question about why should my audience care really struck me :)  I had to almost make a case for this one! 

How did the tone and organization of the assignment shape your responses? What can you learn from this for the future, when you are guiding others to develop their own writing? What did you learn from the assignment that will help you move forward in revising your paper?

The tone and organization were both clear.  I like how the questions built upon one another.  I learned that assignments should be simple and structured.  This was a more difficult assignment, but I like how I was given instructions Step By Step.  This helped me to know if I was on the right track.  Again, this assignment will help me in writing my paper, because I have taken one more step toward making my argument clear to the reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment