Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 3: 1st Issue


After examining the first issue for the research paper, I decided that it would be best to formulate my questions as a thesis.  My stasis focuses more specifically on the quality, and I would like to research whether online writing instruction is equivalent to traditional instruction.  More specifically:  Do students in online classes receive the same quality of writing instruction as their counterparts in traditional classes. I am looking specifically into my teaching processes in general as opposed to the entire campus.

My proposition is that students receive better instruction in the classroom because a teacher is readily available to answer specific issues that may arise in writing.  To further investigate the research, I could discover whether ALL students benefit from being in a traditional classroom, or do some benefit more in an online setting?

Overall, the process of formulating better questions was somewhat difficult, but well worth it.  I spent some time thinking about the different ways that Crowley investigated the hate speech issue and I used that as a model to formulate my questions for my research paper issues. This issue seems to be the most compelling to me as I am eager to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment