Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Poster

The first thing that I learned as a result of the in-class poster review is that this is really hard work!  I saw quite a few interesting and creative posters that would put mine's to shame.  After listening to some of the comments, I believe that I have more work to do  It seems as though the use of contrasts work well.  For example, I could have a title that contradicts with the picture.  The opposite is also true; I could also include a slogan, title, etc. in my poster with a picture that matches.  The one thing that I don't want to happen is a lot of ambiguity between the two.  Either it should be a direct contrast, or they both should be complimentary.  Short titles also work.  When the title is too long, the poster seems to lose some of its effect.  I think that most people would prefer a poster that made a message short, sweet, and to the point.  Finally, it seems that almost everyone hates clip art!!  OMG, what else is there?

The one thing that was similar between the writing process and the poster was the uncertainty.  At times, I felt really unsure of myself in the paper; the problem seemed to also happen in the poster.  I wanted to find some creative way to explain my ideas in both the paper and the poster, and I struggled with both.  Revising and revising again will also be the same between the writing and the poster!  After today's class, I feel like more work could be done; I am not sure of what to do, though. Maybe I will have a brainstorm between tonight and next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment