Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Posters


Hmm…I am not really sure if I am on track for the poster.  I guess I will see on Thursday. For the poster drafts, I tried to use as less words as possible to say what I meant.  For the first draft, I tried to be creative and aware of how the pictures and colors would affect the poster.  The overall ‘feel’ of the poster was important to me.  For example, since I did not want my viewers to be intimidated, I avoided the use of dark colors.  I also picked clip art of people who looked like they were smiling.  It will be interesting to see if my viewers ‘see’ the concept the same as I do.  For the second draft, I was also aware of the colors.  As I learned from graphic design, I tried to choose a piece of clip art that would actually face the words (it draws attention to the words). 

The main thing that I will carry back from the draft to the written word is the concept of accuracy and saying what you mean. I think as writers, we should consider how our writing will be received; yet, understand that we cannot be responsible for everyone’s interpretation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment